Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Did space aliens shoot down TWA 800?

Why not?

Since I don't have a TV, I won't be watching a much-hyped sensational documentary on the crash of TWA 800. That one, you may or may not recall, led to the self-exile of Pierre Salinger, one of the strangest fallouts from Camelot.

While I won't watch, I have been following Flying magazine's precoverage with a certain interest. Today, Stephen Pope, who got an advance look, remains skeptical.

I was struck by how similar the stories told by eyewitnesses were to stories coming out of UFO flaps. People see "strange things." No doubt.

The latest iteration of this story requires not just one secret missile, but 3, all of which must have arrived at one point simultaneously, despite having been launched from different places. Not an easy feat.

Pope's debunking follows by one day the release (at last! after only 12 years) of video that "proves" it was a missile that hit the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001.

Scary. To think that there are people walking around, outwardly as normal as you or me, who harbor such a rich interior life.

No comments:

Post a Comment