Saturday, September 26, 2015

Institutional amnesia

“My first job as speaker is to protect the institution,” Mr. Boehner said, as he left the institution of the House of Representatives.

I wonder what  the Speaker thought he was doing for the institution when he allowed it to conduct 54 -- or six, if you use rightwing math -- pointless votes to end Obamacare.

This is a newly popular meme among rightwing failures. Just last week, Scott Walker announced that he was protecting the nomination process by leading himself out of it:
"Today, I believe that I am being called to lead by helping to clear the field in this race so that a positive, conservative message can rise to the top of the field," Walker said.
I guess Bob Dole was the last consciously humorous Republican but he wasn't nearly as funny as these guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment